Naturally Stronger Regions, Realising the Potential
The SEGRA National Steering Committee is seeking submissions for keynote presentations, panel discussions, spotlight sessions, master classes and best practice case studies for the 2016 conference being held in Albany and the Great Southern region of WA.
The region has access to rich agricultural assets and a diverse, pristine natural heritage. However, a region is not driven solely by its natural attributes. A range of other activities and people come together to realise a region’s potential.
This year at SEGRA, there will be focus on the factors that enable regions to transform their natural assets and drive growth whilst maintaining and retaining the local values of environment and lifestyle.
The SEGRA National Steering Committee is seeking submissions for speakers. action agendas include:
- Regional policy – Speaking up for Regional Australia
- Regional leadership – getting things done
- Diversity, specialisation and creativity – building resilience
- Sustainability of land, water and community – a sense of place
- Regional hubs and nodes – improving connectivity
- Regions as providers of education, health and lifestyle services
- Attracting investment to regions – finding funding partners
- Sustainable industries – the regional advantage
- Maximising Free Trade Agreements – ensuring your region is export ready
- Aviation, regional economies and trade
- Innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in regional Australia
To submit to speak at SEGRA 2016, visit 2016.segra.com.au/submit-a-paper
Call for Contributions close at 5:00pm AEST on May 27, 2016.